The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,700 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Business Analyst in the Office of Project Management.
The Business Analyst works within the Office of Project Management in the maintenance, research, development and testing of existing and new technology systems. This position will define and develop business requirements that pertain to defects, changes or new processes. Major components of this position include:
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with cross-functional business teams to prepare User Story documentation and other project related artifacts.
- Develops business process flows and data models for new system development and process redesign.
- Work with product owners and users to assist with user acceptance testing.
- Makes recommendations for solutions or improvements to business functions.
- Assist in gathering information to make decisions.
- Recommends changes to business processes with clear focus on the business cost and business value.
- Tests and evaluates system to verify and ensure system changes work properly and that business requirements are met.
- Helps the team turn business needs into a technology work plan.
- Mentors developers on how things work in the business domain.
Knowledge of the insurance industry is preferred, particularly in commercial lines. 3+ years experience as Business Analyst in an Agile environment. 3+ years experience working on Guidewire PolicyCenter/ClaimCenter/BillingCenter. Ability to write, analyze and interpret business requirements, policies and procedures. Skill in problem solving within a team-centered environment. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees from various departments. Ability to work independently with sound judgement.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, IT, insurance, management information systems or closely related field plus one to two years’ of Business Analysis experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation with a Roth option.
Please submit your resume to:
TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, Texas, 78754
Fax (512) 491-3330
Or email to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer