The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,700 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Report Developer working in our Office of Project Management and Analytics out of our main office located in Austin, Texas.
This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of BI reports and dashboards that utilize the Pool’s underlying data store(s)/data mart(s)/data warehouse(s) for the Liability/Property, Legal, and Subrogation departments. The position is also responsible for developing and providing end-user training and training material related to all departmental processes.
- Develop, enhance and preserve metadata layers, reports, report definitions and dashboards from requirements and form an understanding of organizational business needs.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather requirements, analyze, create design documents, and perform impact analysis on all Business Intelligence functions.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes and promote the use of self-service products.
- Provide technical assistance to the organization and assist users with problems and resolve issues independently.
- Participate in the formulation of development procedures, standards, deployment/retirement and archiving as related to the BI tools and applications.
- Clearly convey the key insights or “story” the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood and actionable.
- Perform unit and integration testing and participate in reporting validation and QA efforts as they pertain to reporting and data analytics.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Performs related duties.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency with Cognos BI (preferably v10.x) product suite (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Business Intelligence philosophy, Data Intelligence processes, and demonstrated ability to implement and use both.
- Knowledge of SQL platform
- Demonstrated proficiency in extracting data from and analyzing data in
- relational database systems.
- Experience with data modeling/related and ETL concepts.
- Ability to improve Software Development Life Cycle processes.
- Skill in the development of detailed query logic.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment and follow through to execute.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative setting.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to teach and train others
This position requires skills in oral and written communication as it has routine contact with co-workers, other Pool employees, fund members, vendors, independent adjusters, and the general public. Successful applicants will have a bachelor’s degree in business, IT, insurance, management information systems or closely related field plus and been employed in a similar position for a minimum of two years.
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications with a minimum monthly starting salary of $5,494.29. Position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation plan with a Roth option.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to
BI Report Developer
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, TX 78754
(512) 491-3330 FAX
or email your resume to email@example.com.