The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, located in Austin, is a public entity risk pool providing workers’ compensation, liability, and property coverages to more than 2,800 Texas local governments. The Pool is seeking a Member Services Manager in the Member Services Department.
The work consists of varied member services management duties. Diverse customer needs contribute to the complexity of the position. The purpose of this position is to manage the provision of services to Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool members in an assigned geographic area. Success in this position contributes to efficient and effective provision of services to members.
- Performs annual reviews with membership to discuss risk management recommendations.
- Reviews various exposures and makes recommendations.
- Acts as primary Pool liaison to members and potential members within a defined geographic territory.
- Assists members and potential members with coverage and risk management matters.
- Recommends appropriate coverage to members and potential members.
- Performs analysis of casualty and property claims; presents results to members.
- Assists members with re-rate exposure summaries; explains coverage.
- Interprets competitor policies to ensure that the Pool is providing viable coverage at competitive prices.
- Assists with special city events; coordinates the insurance documentation of large events; assists in determining the need for additional coverage.
- Works with members and potential members in the completion of internal forms.
- Reviews requests for proposals and ensures Pool’s compliance with required specifications.
- Troubleshoots members issues and communicates membership need to management.
- Maintains a variety of files and records.
- Prepares a variety of regular and special reports.
- Markets Pool services to potential members; attends industry trade shows; makes public presentations.
- Performs related duties.
- Attends various conferences throughout the year.
- Participates in team that is responsible for developing new products and services.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of the structure, form, and objectives of governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of local government insurance principles.
- Knowledge of risk analysis principles.
- Knowledge of state workers’ compensation laws.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales principles and practices.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Excel and ability to process and analysis data.
- Skill in the interpretation of contracts, policies, statutes, etc.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in working with a diverse constituency of stakeholders.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Education and Certification:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, insurance, risk management, or business preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance, government, or related field.
Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Insurance designations preferred such as CPCU, ARM, CRM, CIC, or AIC.
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications with a minimum monthly salary of $6,648.09. Position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan with a Roth option.
Please submit cover letter and resume:
Attention: Human Resources Department/ Member Services Manager Listing
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, TX 78754
(512) 491-3330 FAX
or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org