The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,800 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst working in our Information Technology Department in our main office located in Austin, Texas.
The candidate will work in agile team that is highly integrated with business users, development team, business analysts, project management, and the Quality Management Team. The candidate will work with other stakeholders to plan and develop manual and automated test suites for a specific set of products. The ideal candidate is excited about providing new tools and improvements to the QA team to make the overall testing process more efficient.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Work closely with BA’s, App managers, business users to lead testing efforts using agile methodology.
- Contribute to and promote teamwork in a multi-vendor environment developing complex multi-layered enterprise applications.
- Perform manual, data-driven, integration and performance testing as needed.
- Perform integration testing; validates and tests all integration points between internal applications and external services.
- Design and implement manual and automated tests cases and conditions.
- Document defects and issues.
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new test for cases.
- Work with automation testing by providing strategies and tests cases; generate automated testing cycles.
- Support production deployment of all applications and performs validation testing.
- Assist departments to analyze, identify and document requirements.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of IT with emphasis on testing of web-based applications, excellent knowledge of all phases of SDLC and experienced in Waterfall, Agile and iterative methodologies.
- Development and Testing of Guidewire UI, rules and integration processes.
- Hands-on experience on Guidewire Policy Admin, Policy Life Cycle, Rating, Pricing and Forms Validation.
- Deep understanding of QA tools, methodologies, and best practices including manual and automation testing.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming, Java/Angular JS Preferred
- Strong communication skills in both verbal & written communication
- Prepared advanced reports, test reports and training documents, using Jira API and MS SQL queries.
- Development of SQL scripts to validate data between source and target systems.
- Creating Soap UI projects to validate Reports
- Experienced in functional, integration, automation and performance testing and knowledge of key quality metrics.
- Strong experience in building continuous integration automat¬ion pipelines – Jenk¬ins
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management and issue escalations
- Reviewed and understood user stories/ functional Requirements and various business requirements documents.
- Designed and executed Test plans and Test cases according to product backlog and user stories
- Identified and organized the overall plan for test data, strategy and the Scope of testing within the context of each Sprint.
- Performed Sprint level testing, Functional Testing, Systems Integration Testing, UAT, and Regression Testing.
- Participated in daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning Sessions, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Sessions.
Compensation will be commensurate to experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool
Quality Assurance Analyst
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, Texas, 78754
An Equal Opportunity Employer