The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability, and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,800 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Claims Assistant working in our Liability/Property Claims Department out of our main office located in Austin, Texas.
This position performs administrative and customer service duties related to the processing of member claims.
Principal Duties Include:
- Answers telephone calls; gathers preliminary claims information; routes to appropriate adjusters.
- Reviews faxes and makes calls to obtain additional information as needed to complete claim entry.
- Opens, scans, and attaches email and faxes to appropriate files.
- Receives and signs for packages; routes checks to accounting personnel.
- Scans, separates, and attaches correspondence to appropriate files.
- Generates correspondence as requested.
- Prepares and processes outgoing mail and other shipments, including certified mail.
- Processes independent adjuster invoices.
- Processes new and existing EEOC and lawsuit claims.
- Faxes or emails new claim assignments to independent adjusters.
- Aids department personnel in the resolution of equipment and software problems.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Performs related duties.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of coverage for each member
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in the use of office equipment.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Starting annual salary is dependent upon qualifications. Position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation with a Roth option.
If interested, please send a cover letter, and resume to:
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, TX 78754
(512) 491-3330 FAX or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.