The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, located in Austin, is a public entity risk pool providing workers’ compensation, liability, and property coverages to more than 2,800 Texas local government entities.
We are seeking a Loss Prevention Representative to assist with providing risk management services to our members in a partnership setting. Services can range from informative onsite safety/loss prevention visits to dynamic presentations.
Reporting to a Senior Loss Prevention Representative, the Loss Prevention Representative provides services and resources to help reduce the frequency and severity of actual and potential losses.
A Loss Prevention Representative:
- Provides loss prevention services to members in an assigned geographic area
- Prepares for site visits to understand potential exposures and hazards; reviews and prepares correspondence related to visits; and prioritizes visits
- Coordinates and schedules training programs to help meet the loss prevention needs of members
- Researches member exposures, hazards, and related solutions
- Provides member training in specific areas as requested
- Gathers information for property valuations as needed
- Contributes articles for newsletters
- Attends continuing education and training
Knowledge and skills required:
- Knowledge of potential risks in local government operations
- Knowledge of risk management and insurance principles
- Skill in decision making and problem-solving
- Knowledge of safety principles, practices, rules, and regulations
- Skill in the preparation of written correspondence and reports
- Skill in conducting on-site risk exposure assessments
- Excellent ability to speak and write effectively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, public officials, agencies/organizations, and Pool members and maintaining high standards of customer service
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including office applications, and use of media applications, as well as presenter devices such as LCD projectors, cameras, and other related equipment
Extensive in-state travel on behalf of the Pool (about 50% depending on assigned territory) is required.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in risk management, occupational safety, and health, or a closely related field is preferred
- Experience sufficient to understand the principles relevant to the major duties, associated with two to three years’ experience in a similar position is required
- Valid Texas motor vehicle operator’s license
- Possession of relevant designations such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), or Certified Risk Manager (CRM) is beneficial
Salary is dependent upon qualifications with a minimum starting annual salary of $82,219. The position carries a complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, & Vision
Insurance, employer-provided vehicle; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System, participation in a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan with a Roth deferral option, Educational assistance, and participation in an employer-provided Employee Assistance Program.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool
Loss Prevention Representative
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, Texas, 78754
512- 491-2330 (Fax)
Email to email@example.com
Subject: Loss Prevention Representative
An Equal Opportunity Employer