The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, located in Austin, Texas, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,700 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Loss Prevention Representative.
Reporting to a Senior Loss Prevention Representative, the Loss Prevention Representative provides services and resources to help reduce the frequency and severity of actual and potential property, casualty, liability, and workers’ compensation losses.
- Provides loss prevention services to members in an assigned geographic area;
- Prepares for site visits to understand potential exposures and hazards; reviews and prepares correspondence related to visits; and prioritizes visits;
- Coordinates and schedules training programs to help meet the loss prevention needs of members;
- Researches member exposures, hazards, and related solutions;
- Provides member training in specific areas as requested;
- Gathers information for property valuations as needed;
- Contributes articles for newsletters;
- Attends continuing education and training.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of potential risks in local government operations;
- Knowledge of risk management and insurance principles;
- Skill in decision making and problem solving;
- Knowledge of safety principles, practices, rules, and regulations;
- Skill in the preparation of written correspondence and reports;
- Skill in conducting on-site risk exposure inspections;
- Excellent ability to speak and write effectively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, public officials, agencies/organizations, and Pool members and maintaining high standards of customer service;
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including office applications, and use of media applications, as well as presenter devices such as LCD projectors, cameras, and other related equipment.
- Valid Texas motor vehicle operator’s license as extensive in-state travel on behalf of the Risk Pool is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in risk management, occupational safety and health, or a closely related field is preferred;
- Experience sufficient to understand the principles relevant to the major duties, associated with two to three years’ experience in a similar position;
- Possession of certifications related to duties of the position , such as CRM , ARM , CSP , etc . are preferred;.
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications. Position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; a company-provided car; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation with a Roth option.
Please submit cover letter, resume,and salary requirements by October 13, 2017 to:
Loss Prevention Representative
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, TX 78754
(512) 491-3330 FAX
or email your resume to email@example.com.