The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,700 local governments in Texas, is seeking a 6-month Direct Contract Position for a Network Administrator in our Information Technology Department out of our main office located in Austin, Texas.
The purpose of this position is to assist team members with support, maintenance, optimization of core network services, devices, and communications systems. This position partners with senior networking team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, and assist with testing, diagnostics, resolution of network service incidents and outages, and administering the organization’s network infrastructure.
- Plans, develops, implements and supports technologies supporting the organization’s information technology infrastructure.
- Researches and makes recommendations concerning the adoption of new technologies.
- Develops and deploys all infrastructure critical updates; monitors security vulnerabilities; updates perimeter intrusion hardware policies.
- Provides support for the organization’s information technology infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to the organization’s information technology infrastructure.
- Trains staff in the use of a variety of technology systems.
- Performs related duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to provide ongoing end user training and be a strong team player
- Able to adhere to company policies, procedures and practices.
- Strong problem solving by applying critical thinking and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- Able to professionally interact with customers and co-workers regularly.
- Able to multi-task while being organized and using effective time management skills.
- Able to independently learn new technologies or concepts with little to no guidance.
- Knowledge of Information Technology security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of network design and administration principles.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and administration.
- Knowledge of Server operating systems.
- Knowledge of PC Operating systems and business applications.
- Knowledge of Scripting and Automation.
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. Salary dependent on experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, TX 78754
(512) 491-3330 FAX
or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer