The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,700 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Product Analyst in the Office of Project Management.
The Product Analyst position provides technical input and support for development and maintenance of the organization’s Policy Center, Billing Center and Smart Communications applications to support underwriting business functions including rating, workflow, processes and functional requirements, and system integrations. This position is weighted heavily on the technical side and as a result requires deep technical and architectural knowledge of the Guidewire suite.
- Works collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to develop strategies and initiatives as relates to system development and maintenance.
- Responsible for analyzing impacts of proposed system development on overall system workflow and standard industry practices. Identifies risks in business requirements and provides alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Ensures system integrations and downstream impacts are anticipated, evaluated, and tested.
- Participates in evaluating and recommending system configuration based on out of the box functionality and best practices.
- Develops requirements for complex software development initiatives.
- Assists with functional testing of system enhancements or changes to existing system functionality prior to implementation, including rating engine impact of rate and routine adjustments.
- Works with training team to provide information and perform as a resource for downstream impact and guidelines for end users.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is preferred, particularly in commercial lines.
- 5+ years experience as Product or Systems Analyst in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years experience working as a developer or directly with developers on the Guidewire suite of products. Direct development experience is preferred.
- Business, technical and architectural knowledge of the Guidewire suite of applications including Policy Center, Billing Center, Smart Communications, Claim Center and Contact Manager.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Gosu scripting and the Java virtual machine (JVM).
- Having a working knowledge of relational databases, preferably MS SQL Server.
- Ability to understand complex transactional processing standards required for premium allocation to support statistical and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles.
- Knowledge of requirement and specification development principles.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, IT, insurance, management information systems or closely related field plus one to two years’ of Business Analysis experience, or
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation with a Roth option.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume to:
TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, Texas, 78754
Fax (512) 491-3330
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer