The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,800 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst—Entry Level working in our Information Technology Department out of our main office located in Austin, Texas.
The candidate will work in agile team that is highly integrated by business users, development team, business analysts, project management and the Quality Management Team. The candidate will work with other stakeholders to plan and develop manual and automated test suites for a specific set of products. The ideal candidate is excited about providing new tools and improvements to the QA team to make the overall testing process is always more efficient
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Work closely with BA’s, App managers, business users to lead testing efforts using agile methodology.
- Contribute to and promote teamwork in a multi-vendor environment developing complex multilayered enterprise applications.
- Performs manual, data-driven, integration and performance testing as needed.
- Performs integration testing; validates and tests all integration points between internal applications and external services.
- Designs and implements manual and automated tests cases and conditions.
- Documents defects and issues.
- Uses existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new test for cases.
- Works with automation testing by providing strategies and tests cases; generates automated testing cycles.
- Supports production deployment of all applications and performs validation testing.
- Assists departments to analyze, identify and document requirements.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of all phases of SDLC and experienced in Waterfall, Agile and iterative methodologies.
- Understanding of QA tools, methodologies, and best practices including manual and automation testing.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Java/Angular JS Preferred
- Strong communication skills in both verbal & written communication
- Knowledge of SQL scripts to validate data between source and target systems.
- Knowledge of user stories/ functional Requirements and various business requirements documents.
- Compensation will be commensurate to experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool
Quality Assurance Analyst—Entry Level
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, Texas, 78754
or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer