The Pool is currently accepting applications from in-house staff to assume the duties of a Senior Claims Assistant in the Liability and Property Claims Department. This position performs administrative and customer service duties related to the processing of member claims.
Principal Duties Include:
- Answers telephone calls and routes the calls to appropriate adjusters.
- Reviews faxes and emails to obtain additional information as needed to complete claim entry.
- Attaches emails and faxes to appropriate existing claims.
- Reviews and processes claims submitted by Members under the appropriate coverage.
- Create claims that are submitted via claims email address, web portal, and faxes.
- Takes new claims over the phone from the Pool members.
- Process new and existing EEOC’s and lawsuits from the claims email address and web portal.
- Gather preliminary claims information to determine if it is a new claim or an existing claim.
- Call the District Court, the State Court, and the Small Claims Court to get additional information on lawsuits.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of coverage for each member.
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in the use of office equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate for this position will have Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Texas Department of Insurance Adjuster License preferred.
Salary is commensurate with demonstrated skills and qualifications in accordance with the Pool’s promotion policies.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter and resume via email to
The Pool is an Equal Opportunity Employer