The Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, a public entity risk pool providing property, liability and workers’ compensation coverages to more than 2,800 local governments in Texas, is seeking a Subrogation Claims Intake Specialist working in our Subrogation Department out of our main office located in Austin, Texas.
This position performs specialized duties related to the intake of subrogation claims.
- Investigates claims to identify the potential for subrogation.
- Communicates with a variety of sources to gather claims-related information.
- Contacts members to inform them of subrogation efforts.
- Contacts liability and workers’ compensation adjustors to gather information.
- Sets up claims; prepares related files.
- Prepares restitution requests.
- Files paperwork related to subrogation claims
- Performs related duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the subrogation process.
- Knowledge of legal research principles.
- Knowledge of relevant insurance and workers’ compensation laws.
- Knowledge of traffic laws.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in the preparation of reports.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications with a minimum monthly starting salary of $3,492.06. Position carries a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System and a 457 Deferred Compensation with a Roth option.
Please send a cover letter and resume to
Subrogation Claims Intake Specialist
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
1821 Rutherford Lane, First Floor
Austin, TX 78754
(512) 491-3330 FAX
or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org